Are you ready to be a sock knitter?
Maybe a beloved family member always knitted socks and you want to do the same … or maybe you want to start a new tradition by making and wearing your own hand-knits … maybe you have realised that hand knitted sock are the BEST, most comfortable socks you can wear!
Whatever the reason, if you have always wanted to knit a pair of socks but not known where to start? This award-winning* book is the one for you.
Sock expert, Christine Perry, will talk you through choosing yarn and needles, how to get your beautiful new socks to match and most importantly, how to work out the perfect fit whether you are knitting for yourself or others.
She’ll then take you through the process of knitting socks with step-by-step photo instructions (with additional blog and video help) using short circular, double pointed or long circular (magic loop) needles – the choice is yours! There’s even a Winwick Mum Sockalong Facebook group for extra support to make sure that you know exactly what you’re doing.
Super Socks features:
- tutorials on choosing yarn, needles and accessories
- the Winwick Mum Sock Stitch Calculation to help you get the perfect fit for your socks
- tutorials on knitting the socks split into short circular, DPNs (double pointed needles) and long circular (magic loop) sections with LOTS of photos!
- the Winwick Mum Basic 4ply Socks pattern
- the Winwick Mum Basic 6ply Boot Socks pattern
It won’t be long before you’ve got your very first pair of hand knitted socks on your feet, with Christine’s help!
*British Knitting Awards 2016, Favourite Book category
(We all make mistakes sometimes… errata at www.winwickmum.co.uk/errata.html)